To volunteer with VSO, you'll need both professional experience and qualifications. Exact requirements will depend on your area of expertise. Start by looking at the table below to check your placement options.
|Placement length||What's needed|
|6 months||A degree and 5+ years professional experience.|
|12-24 months||A degree and 2+ years professional experience.|
We also have a range of opportunities for 18-25 year olds through the International Citizen Service (ICS) programme.
Roles of the month
- Paediatrician - Wolaita Sodo Hospital, Ethiopia - short 6 month placement
- Paediatrician - Adwa Hospital, Ethiopia
- Anesthetist - Arba Minch, Ethiopia
- Health Management and Administration Advisor Tanzania
- Midwifery Service Expert, Tanzania
- Literacy and Numeracy Advisor - Kibungo, Rwanda
- Early-education In-service Methodology Advisor, Rwanda
- English Language Teacher, Myanmar
- District Disability Advisor, Rwanda
- Economic Empowerement Adviser, Zimbabwe