VSO has opportunities in volunteer projects in developing countries all over the world. Every overseas placement is unique as it is developed by our partners to meet a specific need – just like a job would be. To volunteer with VSO, you'll need both professional experience and qualifications. Exact requirements will depend on your area of expertise. Start by looking at the table below to check your placement opportunities.
|Placement length||What's needed|
|6 months||A degree and 5+ years professional experience.|
|12-24 months||A degree and 2+ years professional experience.|
We also have a range of volunteer opportunities for 18-25 year olds through the International Citizen Service (ICS) programme.
Roles of the month
- Midwife Clinical Instructor Trainers, Malawi (4 roles)
- Obstetrician/Gyneacologist, Ethiopia (5 roles)
- Paediatric Nurse, Ehiopia (5 roles)
- Early Childhood Education Pre-Service Methodology Adviser - Kigali University
- Quality Standards Special Needs Adviser, Rwanda
- Hospital Management Information System Expert, Ethiopia (3 roles)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Uganda