Opportunities for primary teachers and leaders to help transform the quality of education in Rwanda.
Education is a high priority for the Rwandan government. Since 1998 we have supported their aim of achieving quality basic education for all. In that time, great progress has been made to improve access, however, despite the increased access and participation, significant quality issues remain.
Building on our existing work in Rwanda, VSO is working with the Rwandan government and other aid agencies to provide a renewed programme that focuses on improving quality.
We need experienced primary teachers, head teachers, school leaders, curriculum managers and literacy/numeracy specialists to share their skills with fellow teachers and school leaders and help transform the quality of education. Current roles include:
- Methodology and Resources Adviser, Mururu
- Methodology and Resources Adviser, Kirambo
- Methodology and Resources Adviser, Zaza (9 month placement)
- Methodology and Resources Adiviser, Cyahinda
- Literacy and Numeracy Adviser, Bicumbi
- Literacy and Numeracy Adviser, Mbuga
- Literacy and Numeracy Adviser, Mururu (10 month placement)
- Teaching Methodology Advisers, Rusizi (2 placements)
- Teaching Methodology Adviser, Nyaruguru
If you’re an education professional with relevant skills and experience, and this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, why not join us? You’ll develop new skills, make new friends – and most importantly - make a lasting difference to Rwanda's education system and communities. Begin your exciting journey to Rwanda by applying today.
Not ready to apply yet?
Submit a general application under a sought-after skill area:
- Education Manager, various countries
- Early Years Adviser, various countries
- Primary Teacher Trainer, various countries
Or, Sign up here for our email service that matches your skills to the latest opportunities.