Volunteer capacity building specialist roles focus on resilience building, disaster risk reduction and preparedness, crisis response and post-crisis recovery
This project is co-funded by the European Union as a pilot action towards the ‘EU Aid Volunteers’ initiative. It is a 9 month volunteering placement with local organisation PRAVAH, focussing on resilience building, disaster risk reduction and preparedness, crisis response and post-crisis recovery. It is open to EU residents only.
PRAVAH is a non-profit voluntary organisation. While working with the poor communities, hunger and poverty have been two key issues or organisational intervention. Since the period of inception the organisation has worked with disadvantaged communities to improve livelihoods opportunities and create an enabling environment for themt o live with dignity.
- Strengthening community resilience for drought, malaria control, biodiversity conservation and climate change
- Livelihood promotion through improved crop management and grain bank management
- Mapping the community needs for capacity building in the areas mentioned below
- Planning capacity building sessions
- Implementing the training with local support
- Practical demonstration
- Assessment and forward planning with the partner
- A relevant qualification and expertise in Disaster Risk Reduction and building community resilience
- In-depth knowledge of dealing with floods
- Knowledge of coping mechanisms in a South East Asia context
- Strong written and spoken English
This placement is based in the small town of Deogarth. We’ll ask you to commit to 9 months to make a sustainable contribution to our development goals. In return, we’ll give you comprehensive financial, personal and professional support. We'll provide you with extensive training before your placement, and our financial package includes a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation, insurance and more. When you return to your home country, we'll help you to resettle and many of our returned volunteers stay involved with us long after their placement ends.
When applying please quote ‘EU Aid Capacity building specialist India.’ Also, please note this placement is open to EU nationals only.