This project is co-funded by the European Union as a pilot action towards the ‘EU Aid Volunteer’ initiative. It is a 9 month volunteering placement with the Pakistan Humanitarian Forum (PHF) and will focus on building information management systems and building the capacity of the staff to manage and implement the systems in the long term. It is open to EU nationals only.
The PHF was formed in 2003 and represents over fifty Non-Governmental Organisations delivering humanitarian assistance and development projects in Pakistan. Information management in terms of disaster preparedness, response, recovery and in relation to humanitarian access is essential.
- Formation and management the PHF Information Management (IM) Coordinating Committee including formalising the Terms of Reference
- Reviews the existing information collection and dissemination procedures and mechanisms at PHF and its members and stakeholders
- Identifies IM gaps and prioritizes IM capacity building areas in terms of data, procedures, hardware, software, human resources, and information security.
- Researches, analyses and evaluates Information Technology (IT) applications that could be relevant to PHF Information Management Needs
- Develops IM Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensures understanding and implementation of the procedures by training PHF staff
- Develop capacity of staff to process and analyse data and information and presenting it in the format most useful for analysis (reports, maps, graphs etc)
- Leads PHF Member and Stakeholder on-line survey 2013-14
- At least 5 years of experience in systems analysis, users needs assessment, or business analysis with a focus on Information Management, Database Design, Information Dissemination/ Security, Web2 portals implementation etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to IM, MIS, GIS, or ICT
- Demonstrated ability to create and/or manage multi-sectoral information systems and databases
- Advanced SPSS or Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.)
- Ability to formulate Information Management related technical requirements and Operating Procedures. Familiarity with relevant and current ISO standards would be preferred
- Experience in training, mentoring and capacity building in relation to IM
- Excellent knowledge of English – spoken and written. Knowledge of Pakistani languages would be advantageous.
This placement is based in Islamabad. We’ll ask you to commit to 9 months to make a sustainable contribution to our development goals. In return, we’ll give you comprehensive financial, personal and professional support. We'll provide you with extensive training before your placement, and our financial package includes a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation, insurance and more. When you return to your home country, we'll help you to resettle and many of our returned volunteers stay involved with us long after their placement ends.
Please quote ‘EU Aid Information Management Specialist’on your application.