Volunteer monitoring, evaluation and learning adviser roles focus on strenghtening and managing Disaster Risk Reduction partner monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
This project is co-funded by the European Union as a pilot action towards the ‘EU Aid Volunteers’ initiative. It is a 9 month volunteering placement with Oxfam India, focussing on strengthening and managing Disaster Risk Reduction partner monitoring, evaluation and learning systems. It is open to EU residents only.
Oxfam India will fulfil its vision by empowering the poor and marginalised to demand their rights. All people facing real or potential humanitarian crises in India will be assured both the protection and assistance they require to prepare for, and cope with, shocks, regardless of who they are or where they are affected. Over the last 55 years Oxfam has responded to all major incidences of emergencies in the country.
- Provide MEL support to Oxfam India’s DRR programme
- Provide technical assistance to partners and Oxfam staff to meet strategic objectives
- Initiate a basic MEL unit which can objectively assess the DRR programme implemented by our partners
- Establish a results based management system within the organisation
- Help partners understand MEL templates and processes
- A degree in a relevant subject
- At least two years experience in MEL work within the humanitarian sphere
- Experience of monitoring programmes analysing issues
- Background of working on MEL based initiative on project cycle management and log frame analysis and matrix
- Experience in supporting and advising teams from a distance
- Sensitivity to working with diverse teams across different languages, cultures and locations
- Relationship building skills necessary to work collaboratively with others and provide guidance
- High level of IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Demonstration of ability to access, analyse and report on complex data
This placement is based at the Oxfam India office in Kolkata. We’ll ask you to commit to 9 months to make a sustainable contribution to our development goals. In return, we’ll give you comprehensive financial, personal and professional support. We'll provide you with extensive training before your placement, and our financial package includes a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation, insurance and more. When you return to your home country, we'll help you to resettle and many of our returned volunteers stay involved with us long after their placement ends.
When applying please quote ‘EU Aid MEL adviser India.’ Also, please note this placement is open to EU nationals only.